Friday

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Engaged!

"Kim and Kanye
Sitting in a Tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
First comes love;
then comes marriage;
Then comes Kimye,
pushing a baby carriage..."

Wait, What? It's been a long time since that Rhyme was the way things happened. In fact, what it should read now is:

"First comes love;
then comes baby;
Then comes Kanye,
Proposing to his lady."

Instagram

In any case, I have to admit that they do make a super cute couple. They remind me of high school sweethearts who wear matching shirts, finish each others sentences and are always smiling and giggling with each other as they hold hands. They are in love, plain and simple... and I love, LOVE!

The other thing I love is a when a proposal is done right! Now, I'm not saying that every proposal needs a 50 piece orchestra, an incredible Lorraine Schwartz 15-carat 3 Million dollar diamond ring and a Jumbotron, that would just be crazy-talk. Some people are the intimate and romantic types, some more social, some like a show and others just want the surprise factor. The one thing they all have in common though is that they need to be suited to the person being proposed to and they definitely need to be memorable. I mean it is a once in a lifetime event!

What I think Kanye did best of all, aside from getting down on one knee (Some things should stay traditional) is that he picked the perfect date. Her Birthday! For someone who is always in the spotlight, has already had so many 'Wow' moments in her life and isn't easily surprised, I think he chose well. Where she was expecting a great Birthday, with, no-doubt, amazing gifts, she likely wasn't expecting that he'd pick an already celebrated day to propose. I think it made her 33rd Birthday one of the most memorable days of her life.

Did you love their proposal? What is your dream proposal? 

No comments: