Now, combine creative chef's, top quality ingredients, amazing customer service and a full service catering company that works with the couple, and you have the recipe for L-EAT!
We contacted our friend Deirdre Anderson at L-EAT, who was thrilled to chat with us and provided amazing insight for you, our awesome readers!
your trusty wedding planner:)
How did you come up with the name L-EAT?
The name L-Eat is a play-on-words – Tony was going to name the company Elite Catering – but decided to get creative and incorporate the word, eat.
How did the company get started?
Tony Loschiavo founded l-Eat in 1983; his friends in the hair dressing industry suggested that he start a catering business selling sandwiches to hairdressers who were too busy to leave their chairs to go for lunch. From there, the clients started requesting the info of the catering company. From there, our full service catering was born. It’s safe to note that our growth has generally been from word of mouth.
- We are focused on the balance of all the important aspects of our business.
- Food that is focused on quality and that is at once innovative and consistent but that still offers true value to our clients.
- The ability to customize menus for any occasion and any client.
- Qualified catering sales managers who work closely and efficiently with clients in order to deliver seamless catered events.
- Attention to detail and aesthetics.
- Excellence in customer service and retention – we try to make every client a lifetime client, with great success.
- Hire someone who not only has great food but that offers exceptional customer service.
- Hire someone that is truly excited about making their day unique and special
- That shares similar vision and personality – it is a process and couples should really like the person they are working with
- Make sure your caterer listens and interprets the vision correctly.
- Love the food!
- Who will run the catering portion of the function the day of?
- Will the clients contact be on site the day of? (at L-eat yes)
- What the client can expect from the caterer – what is the process?
- In the event of emergencies during the planning stages and the day of – what is the best way to get a hold of the caterer?
Are there any misconceptions that a couple have that you'd like to clear up?
Yes – that caterers just offer typical foods and aren't creative. The ability to be a good caterer is to constantly evolve and customize - often the best ideas come from the couple who are living and breathing their wedding. The caterer should be able to extract those ideas and turn them into reality while giving them good, honest advice.
Do you feel it is important for a couple to hire a Wedding Coordinator? Why?
Yes – we always recommend a wedding coordinator – at the very least for the day of the event. It allows the caterer to focus on the food and service. A caterer and wedding coordinator work together to ensure that everything runs seamlessly and on time – while allowing the bride and groom and wedding party to enjoy their day!
We try to keep our pricing consistent throughout the year – we never compromise on quality
in order to meet a budget however we are capable of working with couples at various price points by altering menu items and variety.
3829 Bathurst Street
P.S. For those dying to try their food and just can't wait, they provide all the catering at the Paese Ristorante. Believe me, the food is to scrumptious!
3827 bathurst street
333 King Street West,