With 2010 out of the way, so are many past trends. This new year brings with it an air of excitement with a new decade beginning; and the anticipation of the 'sure-to-be' jaw-dropping Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Since world events tend to be used as inspiration, it is sure to play a role in your upcoming wedding.
Following is the top 10 list of what I, your trusted Wedding Planner, feel we will see a lot more of this year and into 2012.
1. Two Wedding Dresses; One for the ceremony and one for the reception. (Special thanks to Chelsea Clinton for reviving this trend as it is one of my favorites).
2. Couture hair designs; lavish hair accessories; stunning hats as well as high quality veils will be a spotlight this season.
3. Victorian and Edwardian era influences will be prevalent in designer Haute Couture dresses. We will see some breathtaking custom designs from fabulous designers worldwide.
4. Sapphire Blues, Violets and Yellows; Golds; Royal Blues & Purples and Charcoals; will be just some of the colors we see in floral design, decor and accents for the big day.
5. Cakes will be more elaborate and grandiose in their designs. Amazing cake artists will present incredible works of art as a focal point for your special day.
6. Brooch Bridal Bouquets and Wedding Bridal Bouquets with vintage Jewels surrounding them will create personalized and unique arrangements.
7. Liqueur sampling stations, specialty tea stations, wine and champagne stations will create the WOW factor to any after dinner station.
8. There will be a greater focus on the Grooms-to-be. From custom designed wedding attire, grooming services and inspired wedding design . The Groom will definitely shine this season.
9. Destination weddings will continue to rise in popularity, however, there will be a higher demand in private and remote locations. People will seek out intimate villa's, private islands and quaint towns around the world to host their weddings.
10. Couples will be heading to more exotic honeymoon locations. Africa, Thailand and Costa Rica will be welcoming a lot more couples in 2011 and 2012 that are looking for a once in a lifetime experience.