Saturday

Introducing: Ieshia Wagner!

So, what can I say, I finally 'realized' that one person can't do it all... my type A+ personality decided to tone it down a notch and admit that I need help! Contrary to my ego, I can't do it all myself. Luckily, I have some amazing students right now that I'm teaching Event and Venue Management & Career Development to at Trebas Institute (and you will meet several of them via this blog). They all have amazing talents and fabulous experiences and will be happy to have each of them learn hands on from me. In the interim, a 'list, notes and research' person who is not only creative but has an amazing personality was in order! Enter Ieshia. She is absolutely fantastic and a breath of fresh air. Without further ado, I introduce to you Ieshia Wagner, new member of WeDDings Jubilee Planning!


"Events have always played such a huge role in my life. I like to think my career began in Vancouver, British Columbia as a small child because my earliest memories are of welcoming my mother’s guests to our house, seating them, and bringing out snacks for everyone to enjoy. It was a blast knowing how impressed my mom’s friends were that at such a young age I was such a big help and encouraged me to continue being the little hostess at my mom’s dinner parties.

At that point, the bug had hit me and there was no going back. Throughout high school I planned anything I could, starting with theme parties to fun weekend outings and even took part in creating the School Dance Committee. I loved seeing the success of everything I worked so hard to make happen, come to life. It was exhilarating and I knew then that if I was a part of events as a career I would look forward to starting my day instead of being one of those people who wake up and hate their jobs, which was one of my biggest fears.

This fear is the reason I couldn’t rush to settle in any career path, no matter how passionate I was about events. I took two years off after high school to work and see as much of the world as I could. I strongly believe this truly validated any ideas I had about becoming an event planner. The time off gave me a solid determination to learn and become successful that I could never have predicted. I decided to chase this dream to Toronto, Ontario and satisfy both the need to learn and the craving for adventure. I enrolled in Trebas Institute, am now currently interning for the wonderful DeeDee Georgiou-Newell and have never been happier in life than where I am today.

Event planning envelopes everything I value and enjoy about life. You have the ability to travel, freedom over what and when you plan, the chance to be organized and help others be organized, and most importantly, it will give me the opportunity to make people’s dreams come to life. My goal in the event planning industry is to get involved with as many different types of events and eventually find a place in the world that I love, settle down there, and start a business of my own.
No other road, no other way, no day but today.

Future dream creator,
Ieshia xo

No comments: