Monday

Vendor Spotlight: It's the Icing on the Cake

Happy March to all my lovely readers! I've been so busy the last three weeks getting trained by a very well known Bridal Salon as a Bridal Consultant, in Bridal Gowns and Wedding attire (more on that on next week's post) that I am behind on my posts. My apologies. To make it up to you, today we are talking CUPCAKES!


I was driving along Queen Street East last week and a cute little bakery called 'It's the Icing on the Cake' caught my eye. In the name of 'research' and 'call to duty' as your trusted Wedding Planner, I had to go in;)

Upon entering, I was engulfed by the sweetest smell on earth; a smell reminiscent of my childhood when my mom would bake! Visually, I was greeted with a warm open space and a cute set-up of a a pink bakery display of amazing goodies.


Owner and Cake Artist, Lynda Paul, was doing what she does best, working on a fun and cool cake for a birthday party but was kind enough to take a few minutes to greet me and give me the scoop on her cute little abode. It's the Icing on the Cake has been around for 5 years and is a now a Queen Street staple; She prefers at least a few weeks notice for orders and she absolutely loves what she does. All her cakes are custom and she works directly with the client to deliver to them exactly what they envision. She's made cakes for some big names like Royal Bank Visa, Habitant Pea Soup, Mars Chocolate Bar as well as cookies or Koodoo, but creates cakes, cupcakes, cookies etc. for absolutely every occasion. You can view her cakes on her web gallery.


I had to try something, so I went with my favorites: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing Cupcake and the Red Velvet Cupcake also with a cream cheese icing. The carrot cake was absolutely delicious. You could taste the freshness and was loaded with the goodness of walnuts and raisins. The red velvet was equally yummy. The lightness of the cake and the richness of the icing complimented each other well and tasted like heaven.

I didn't get to try the other goodies like the cakepops, cookies or the dessert squares, as I was already falling into a comforting sugar-coma, but I guess that just gives me even more reason to go back for more 'research' in the near future;)

It's the Icing on the Cake

1238 Queen Street East,
Toronto, Ontario M4L IC3
416.469.4973

No comments: